Steve Garver, co-founder of Divorce Mediation Associates, Ltd., will attend Harvard Law School’s “Advanced Mediation Workshop: Mediating Complex Disputes,” sponsored by the Harvard Negotiation Institute. The workshop will run between June 12 and June 16, 2017, and will focus on methods and training designed to help mediators reach resolution more effectively and efficiently.
The learning objectives for this year’s 5-day seminar are designed to help mediators:
- Explore the role of counsel and learn how to manage differing interests within the lawyer-client relationship and when lawyers engage in mediation sessions
- Assess the risks and opportunities of facilitative versus evaluative mediation styles
- Examine the emotional dimensions of mediation for the parties, counsel, and mediators
- Manage the complexities of distributive bargaining situations
- Develop strategies for multiparty disputes by examining cases from public and corporate sectors
- Learn to identify power inequities among stakeholders and deal with back-table agendas and coalitions
- Increase your ability to manage complex technical issues across multiple parties
- Acquire techniques and hands-on experience for dealing with future contingencies
- Analyze and evaluate your own practice foundations
- Sharpen your mediation skills with in-depth, real-time feedback from master practitioners
Ongoing education is an important part of Divorce Mediation Associates, Ltd. Keeping up-to-date on the latest information, methodologies and practices allows us to offer creative and flexible solutions for our clients.
Divorce Mediation Associates, Ltd. is a Reston-based divorce mediation group serving all of Northern Virginia. To learn more about our services, or to schedule an appointment with our team, please call 703-665-7592 or complete our contact form.